But this article is not just to express our feelings and pains. We want to help and advice you how to prevent your lose of precious data and recommend the right way to do the device OS update process. And yes, it still just clicks, but a few more. Let’s start!
- First, it is highly recommended to periodically backup your device system (data and information) with your computer or your cloud (private, public or hybrid).
- Second, not just backup your device system, you can also backup your instant messaging applications conversations (WhatsUp, Handouts, iMessage, Kik, among others) individually with their own clouds or yours (Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, Apple iCloud, etc.).
- Third, try to update your installed apps with the latest ones. Oftentimes, apps come with bugs that could cause operating system issues, conflicts or malfunctions between other built-in or third party apps.
- Fourth, after updating your apps, it will be a good idea to test them to see if they are working properly or as expected. If not, remove the app and try to install it from scratch.
- Finally, conduct your device OS update and test it.
- Oh! One more thing, while updating the OS, cross your fingers and get on your knees to pray the Lord. Just kidding! ;-)
It’s healthy and recommended to stay with the latest OS and apps updates unless you have your smart device rooted. It will prevent, most of the time, viruses’, hacks, or it will fix bugs and problems. Hope you enjoy this article. Likes, shares and constructive comments are welcome.
Author: Gilberto Crespo, MSCE, CDIA+, CIP, ITILv3
Computer Engineer & Entrepreneur